Things to do in and around Durban:
See the city from THE RIKSHA BUS Bright coloured, open double-decker bus offers passengers unrestricted views of our beautiful city’s best attractions on a three-hour guided tour.
ROUTE HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDES: Beachfront, uShaka Marine World, Emmanuel Cathedral, Victoria Market, Burman Bus, Blue Lagoon and other sites of Interest
Tour 1 : 09h00 – 12h00
Tour 2 : 13h00 – 16h00
Adults R 100 Pensioners & under 18s: R50 Under 5 year olds Free
CRUISES – Sarie Marais Cruises from early to late
FUNWORLD – Take in the amazing view in our cable cars!
MAKARANGA GARDENS – Igwababa rd. Kloof
Birds of Prey and Lion Park up close to PMB
First Sunday of every month UMGENI STEAM RAILWAY – The 1000 Hills Choo Choo travels from Kloof station through the Valley of 1000 Hills to Inchanga and back again 08:30 – 12:30 R 200 Adults and children R 140
Antique Café at Churchill’s in 93 Churchill road Morningside (enjoy toast with avocado and Brie, and onion marmalade, chilli choc pot muffins in the antique stores sunny patio
Freedom café at The Concierge off St Mary avenue Greyville in this trendy container restaurant setting one of Durbs newest boutique hotels
Durban Brag facts:
- We boast in having the ONLY REAL REVOLVING RESTAURANT IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE come and enjoy spectacular 360 degree views and enjoy famous Italian cuisine.
- THE SHARKS BOARD: the ONLY ORGANISATION OF ITS KIND IN THE WORLD.
- IPCI Building – THE LARGEST MOSQUE IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE.
- Gateway Theatre of Shopping – DURBAN’s LARGEST SHOPPING MALL
DID YOU KNOW?
2015 the populations was 54.8 Million compared to the World 7.4Billion people and rising.
People per sq.km 45.2 compared to the world 56.2 sq.km.
FACTS ON RECYCLING:
How long it take for products to be broken down and absorbed back into the environment.
- Paper serviette takes 2 -4 wks
- Banana peel takes 3-4 wks
- Newspaper takes 6wks
- Woollen sock takes 18 months
- Cigarette butt takes 10-12 years
- Steel can takes 50 years
- Polystyrene cup takes 50 years
- Plastic bottle takes 450 years
- Disposable nappy takes 550 years
- Car tyre takes 500 – 1000 years